© 2024 KPCW

Spencer F. Eccles Broadcast Center
PO Box 1372 | 460 Swede Alley
Park City | UT | 84060
Office: (435) 649-9004 | Studio: (435) 655-8255

Music & Artist Inquiries: music@kpcw.org
News Tips & Press Releases: news@kpcw.org
Volunteer Opportunities
General Inquiries: info@kpcw.org
Listen Like a Local Park City & Heber City Summit & Wasatch counties, Utah
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations

Vehicle Donation

Credit Monika Guendner
Actual car donated to KPCW

KPCW accepts donations of most vehicles. You can reach the Vehicle Donation Program by calling Vehicles For Charity toll-free at 1-866-628-2277.  Their representatives can answer all of your questions about the program and begin processing your donation. Or check them out at vehiclesforcharity.org.

You can donate most vehicles to KPCW, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles.

Your vehicle donation will be sold at auction and 70% of the proceeds of the sale will come to KPCW.

Q: Is my donation tax-deductible?

A: Yes. KPCW is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations to KPCW qualify as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return. KPCW's federal tax ID (EIN) is 94-2528451.

Q: What do I need to donate my car?

A: The title to the car must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the car. This will assist us in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.

Q: Will you pick up my car?

A: A tow company will call you to schedule the pick-up of your vehicle. You will need to give the driver the keys to the vehicle as well as your signed title. You will be instructed on how to sign the title. The driver may have you sign some paperwork authorizing the tow. The driver will leave you a tow receipt showing that he/she collected the vehicle on behalf of KPCW via Vehicles for Charity.

Q: How is the value of my car determined?

A: The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells for at auction unless it sells for less than $500. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you may deduct no more than $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may need to fill out IRS Form 8283 “Noncash Charitable Contributions.” We recommend you consult your tax advisor with questions about your deduction.

You will receive all paperwork, a receipt and acknowledgement of your contribution from Vehicles for Charity. For more details, call Vehicles for Charity toll free at 1-866-628-2277 and mention you wish to contribute to KPCW Radio.

If you have further questions, please contact KPCW 435-649-9004.