KPCW is looking for an Underwriting Sales Manager!
Qualified Sales Professional who possesses creativity and a passion for the KPCW, NPR and non- commercial local radio. Responsible for achieving KPCW underwriting revenue goals by building and maintaining relationships with local, regional, and national corporate and business donors in order to secure cash underwriting donations and trade. Participate in KPCW fundraising activities and outreach events to represent the station and increase visibility and contacts within the community.
- Secure underwriting donations from businesses in order to meet or exceed station underwriting revenue goals, building and maintaining a portfolio of active underwriters
- Develop and maintain data management systems to track productivity and communicate progress, documenting efforts and developing an extensive portfolio of potential underwriters
- Manage all steps of the underwriting sales process from initial contact to thanking the underwriter for their support and Managing payment
- Composing and producing underwriting messages for on-air reads in accordance with FCC regulations and station policies – assisting with studio scheduling and participating in recording sessions
- Maintain relationships with underwriters, actively monitor existing contracts to ensure accounts are renewed prior to expiration
- Produce weekly reports on underwriting revenue generated, new and renewed donations, prospects, and other related activities to be shared with the GM
- Work with trade accounts in order to convert them to cash accounts or a mix of cash/trade
- Attend KPCW events regularly to participate in their successful management and to develop relationships with current and potential underwriters including pledge premium trades and free underwriting contract winners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in revenue generating disciplines such as sales, marketing, donor development and solicitation, fundraising or major giving programs
- Excellent proven sales abilities, including prospecting, developing sales tools and techniques, contract development, donor appreciation, and all administrative aspects of securing and closing sales
- Ability to learn new computer software programming including Aquira for contract orders, confirmation orders, inventory, visual traffic and renewals
- Successful experience working in a radio or non-profit business environment is a PLUS!
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local, FCC regulations and KPCW policy to uphold non-commercial license
- Ability to work independently and as a full member of the KPCW team, maintain effective and professional working relationships at all levels, including with staff, volunteers, underwriters, members, vendors, listeners, and the community at large
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with the ability to create and utilize extensive spreadsheets for tracking and reporting purposes
Schedule: Full-time, with compensation including base salary and commission
Want to join our team? Send resume to Brittany Schuhmacher, Brittany@kpcw.org
KPCW is looking for Volunteer DJs. Please contact Assistant Program Director Kyle Maguire for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.