REASONS TO GIVE
KPCW is the only nonprofit source of daily local news and programming serving all of Summit and Wasatch counties. Beyond being an NPR affiliate, we strive to be an anchor in the community that listens deeply, surfaces untold stories, and presents fact-based information to build awareness, empathy, and engagement with the diverse constituencies we serve.
As a public media outlet, KPCW relies on donor support to deliver daily news, information, and entertainment all year long. Here are some of the reasons KPCW listeners tune in and donate:
- Wondering what you need to know today? The KPCW News Team has you covered morning, noon, and night with the Local News Hour, Noon News Report, and The Local View, along with 24/7 access to all our stories on KPCW.org.
- No time to tune in today? No problem! With KPCW's free daily newsletter, "The Local," you'll never miss the top stories of the day because they'll be delivered right to your email inbox.
- Planning to hit the trails or the slopes? We're here for you with daily weather, snow and avalanche forecasting, and trail reports.
- Did your pup escape or did you lose your wallet? We've helped thousands of locals and visitors find their lost pets, purses, and gear thanks to our hourly Lost & Found reports.
- Heading across town? We'll tell you when traffic is backing up and what roads to avoid.
- Wondering where to find the best music around town? Tune in to KPCW music sets for 68 hours of intentionally eclectic music each week. Plus, KPCW volunteer DJ's feature local artists every hour and tell you when and where you can go check them out live in concert.
- Outside our broadcast area? No problem - KPCW helps you "Listen Like a Local" wherever you are! You can stream us live anytime online and from the KPCW mobile app. Or simply ask your smart speaker to "play KPCW!"
- Best of all, KPCW news, information, and entertainment is always FREE! We are proud to provide all of our content on KPCW.org without a paywall. We don't even ask you to register when you visit our website, which is virtually unheard of in today's media landscape.