Treasure Mountain Junior High Student Passes Out Due Vaping THC
The Park City School District sent a text alert to parents and guardians alerting them that a student was transported to the hospital after passing out at Treasure Mountain Junior High School. It is believed that the student smoked THC from a vaping pen. A 9th grade student who provided the THC was referred to the police. Carolyn Murray has this:
District Communications Director, Melinda Colton does not know if the child overdosed, just that the student passed out at school.
The message goes on to say that safety of students is paramount and that the administration and teachers understand the concern students have for their peers. They ask that parents help to ensure a safe and drug free environment.
They ask if anyone needs assistance or direction in seeking support, or if substance abuse or use is suspected, to please contact a school counselor.