2022 Summer Pledge Drive
See below for more information on ways that your business or nonprofit can participate in the KPCW Summer Pledge Drive.
How it Works
Each year, KPCW holds two Pledge Drives asking our listeners to support local, nonprofit, public radio and to support our mission to serve Summit and Wasatch Counties with local news, information, entertainment and emergency alerts through our broadcast signal and digital media platforms as well as to help other nonprofit organizations succeed in our community. To express our gratitude, KPCW offers certificates and other promotional items as gifts for listener donations. We reach out to our local business community for these certificates and we sincerely value the support we receive.
Join our Pledge Drive this summer by donating gift certificates from your business to help keep these important programs on the air:
- Up to the minute updates on COVID-19 & Area Happenings due to the Virus
- Community Lost & Found Report
- Interviews with Community Leaders
- Expanded Local News & Local News Staff
- FREE Announcements for Local Nonprofits
- Home Grown Music & Events
- KPCW Morning News
- KPCW Noon News
- KPCW Public Affairs Shows
- The Local View with Randy Barton
- Community Forums
- Local Sports
- Neighborhood Weather & Traffic
- Live Snow Reports
- Reporters: Leslie Thatcher, Carolyn Murray, Michelle Deininger, Ben Lasseter
- Music Hosts
- Fresh Music Tracks
- Expanded Digital News Team
- Great Mountain Town Music
Contact Jennifer Kimball Bailey with questions or for more information 435-649-9004.
Our next KPCW Pledge Drive will take place August 22nd through 25th, 2022
Our community relies on KPCW to provide local news, entertainment, emergency updates, and other information across Summit and Wasatch County. KPCW also loves helping local nonprofit organizations get the word out about the amazing work they do in our community all year round. So twice a year, we invite our local nonprofits to host an hour during our biannual pledge drives to share a bit about how KPCW helps them fulfill their mission.
KPCW pledge drives are unique in that they benefit all who participate and we keep listeners engaged all week long. Unlike other public radio pledge drives across the country where audiences tend to tune out and turn off fund drives, listeners across the Wasatch Back TURN ON and TUNE IN! Locals love the KPCW Pledge Drive for our crazy on-air antics, outstanding premiums and "thank you" gifts, and they know it's a chance to hear from their favorite area nonprofits throughout the week.
Participating as a Nonprofit Host for an hour is an ideal opportunity to connect broadly with our community and highlight the strong partnerships you have with KPCW and our listeners. We encourage you to join us for some fun and help rally community support by encouraging your friends, supporters and listeners to call in and pledge to KPCW during their favorite nonprofits' hours.
Earn FREE Underwriting:
We want nonprofits to benefit from being on our pledge drive. The FCC prevents us from raising money directly for you, but we can give you free underwriting in exchange for you helping us with our pledge drive. For qualifying nonprofit organizations, every dollar you raise for KPCW over $1,000 will earn your organization free underwriting to use on KPCW. Email Sarah@kpcw.org for eligibility and full details.
How to host an hour:
We make it easy and fun! Join us for an hour to talk about how your nonprofit supports our community and how you support KPCW. During your hour, you can discuss upcoming programming and events, highlight volunteer opportunities, and thank supporters and donors on air. KPCW will help guide you all along the way, from assisting with talking points to customizing e-blasts with your name and logo to share with your outreach lists. We encourage you to post details on social media and encourage supporters to boost the donations during your hour. Friendly competitions can increase your FUN-draising! We also help with on-air promotion before and during the pledge drive announcing your Nonprofit Host Hour, and we post your organization's name and hour on our KPCW Pledge Drive website.
We kindly request a financial contribution to KPCW to cover the on-air cost of your Nonprofit Hour. If the airtime cost is not in your own marketing budget, we encourage you to align with a local business or individual so sponsor the cost of the hour. Together, we encourage you to get the word out about your hour with all your supporters, vendors, staff, friends, family - whoever benefits from your nonprofit! For full details about becoming a nonprofit host and available hours during the week of August 22nd through 25thth, please email Sarah@kpcw.org.
You may also donate items as “thank you premiums” to incentivize listeners to donate during your hour. If you are interested in donating pledge premium items, please email Jennifer@kpcw.org. Please note, all donated ITEMS must be provided and received NO LATER than Friday, August 12th, 2022.
Thank you to the local Nonprofits & Sponsors who are joining us for our 2022 Summer Pledge Drive. Donating to KPCW during the pledge drive has double the impact — your donations help support local public radio AND help your favorite nonprofit earn free underwriting on our airwaves.
Monday, August 22, 2022:
- 8am - Kickoff Hour with KPCW News Team
- 9am - Encircle and Mountain Mediation
- 10am - Habitat for Humanity of Summit & Wasatch Counties + Vacasa
- 11am - People's Health Clinic + Flanagan's on Main
- 3pm - Hope Alliance, sponsored by Roy Buchta
- 4pm - Swaner Preserve & EcoCenter + Julie Hopkins/KW Park City
- 5pm - Mountain Trails Foundation + SkyRidge
Tuesday, August 23, 2022:
- 8am - Vail EpicPromise
- 9am - Kimball Art Center + The Yard
- 10am - Park City Museum, sponsored by Jim & Zibby Tozer
- 11am - SOS Outreach + Sim.sports
- 3pm - Arts Council of Park City & Summit County + Roadhouse Pub & Grill + Wasatch Brew Pub
- 4pm - Park City Institute
- 5pm - Summit Land Conservancy
Wednesday, August 24, 2022:
- 8am - Deer Valley
- 9am - Promontory Foundation
- 10am - Christian Center of Park City (CCPC) + Iron Horse District
- 11am - Mountainlands Community Housing Trust + First Community Bank
- 3pm - Youth Sports Alliance (YSA) + Woodward Park City
- 4pm - Mountain Town Music + Sterling Steak and Lounge
- 5pm - KPCW Board of Trustees
Thursday, August 25, 2022: