Update: Lawsuit Against Wohali Dropped

Jan 17, 2020

Credit Ken Lund on Flickr

A citizens group opposed to the Wohali development plan near Coalville is reportedly dropping the lawsuit they filed against the project.    But they are still pursuing a referendum to challenge it.   

A group called “Coalville For Responsible Growth” filed a lawsuit last week, alleging that the City Council’s approval given to Wohali in December was null and void because it had several procedural defects or omissions.

Coalville Mayor Trevor Johnson said he was told by a group representative, Lynn Wood, that they filed the litigation as a Plan B, in the event a referendum didn’t halt the project.

On Thursday afternoon, Lynn Wood told KPCW in an e-mail that they have come to a resolution and they expect the complaint will be withdrawn.

In the meantime, they’re petitioning the community to have a vote on Wohali, a proposal on 1500 acres west of Interstate-80 with 570 residential units and 130 nightly rentals.

The group has until February 24th to get 35 percent of the town’s active voters.   Wood said their goal is to get 300 signatures.

Wood said they have also scheduled an information event next Monday, the 20th, 7 p.m. at North Summit High School.