Sheriff’s Office Responds To Coalville House Fire And Promontory Mans Death At Home
The Summit County Sheriff’s office says that a Promontory resident has died from an accidental fall. Additionally, a Coalville house fire last week is being investigated by the State Fire Marshall.
Sheriff’s Lt. Andrew Wright said On Saturday night, officers got a call from a house in Promontory a little after 10:00 p.m. The report said a 66-year-old resident and his wife were walking up the stairs in his home, when he lost his balance at the top and fell backwards. There wasn’t a railing, because the house is being remodeled and the stairs were partially dismantled.
The man fell to the landing, striking his head on the edge of a step. His wife was unable to turn him over to start CPR.
Medical personnel worked on him for about 40 minutes and Life Flight was called, but he was pronounced dead.
In other news, Lt. Wright reports that officers and fire personnel got a call on midnight of the 23rd that the outside of a home at 150 South in Coalville was ablaze.
The seven family residents inside got out of the home after a neighbor banged on the door, and the owner’s father notified her. No one was injured.
Fire personnel said the blaze could be suspicious. The fire started around an Internet cable box on the house, but that isn’t electrical.
Lt. Wright said the house suffered a fairly significant amount of damage. The fire got up into the attic, the ceiling collapsed and there was water damage.