KPCW heralds the return of the Sundance Film Festival to Park City in 2015 with new interviews, stories and social media posts.Sundance stories from throughout the year appear on this page as well, and we'll have a fresh version of our brochure of tips and TP, Where the Bathrooms Ar?e. (See last year's brochure here.)2015 Sundance Film FestivalThursday, January 22 - Sunday, February 1, 2015Townie Tuesday - Tuesday, January 27, 2015Best of Fest - Monday, February 2, 2015KPCW's coverage will include:0000017b-652b-d50a-a3ff-f7efaf290000The Sundance Reel, featuring KPCW News Director paired with local co-hosts.Thursday & Friday, January 22 &23, then Monday -Friday, January 26-30 from 9 to 10 AM.The Sundance Reel meets with directors, producers, screenwriters and festival organizers to give an in-depth perspective on films during this year's festival.~0000017b-652b-d50a-a3ff-f7efaf2a0000Sundance on the Weekend, featuring Rick Brough and local co-hosts.Saturday, January 24 and Sundance, January 25 from 8 to 10 AM.The fun continues with pop culture savant Rick Brough and his movie-savvy co-hosts. Quirky films, returning directors and reviving careers find their way on this show.Press Agents:To request an interview on one of KPCW's shows, contact producer Beth Fratkin.CONTACT BETH~0000017b-652b-d50a-a3ff-f7efaf2b0000Sky Wellness Collection~0000017b-652b-d50a-a3ff-f7efaf2c00002015 Sundance Film Festival
Film Festival Info: Unpaid Intern Style
Download a handy pocket guide to all the restrooms around screenings for the Sundance Film Festival here.
- Uh, no. We don’t know who you are.
- Use the eWaitlist: you can receive a waitlist # via any Internet capable device. ewaitlist.sundance.or
- Get to the Sundance box office at 8 AM every day to swoop up available unsold tickets for that day’s show.
- Check out all the sponsored lounges for some free goodies.
- Function over fashion — get some good boots.
- Always have a snack on you.
- Buses/shuttles will not go directly from the venue you’re at to the venue you want to be at in 5 minutes. They have designated routes. They stick to them.
- See at least one film a day at the library. There’s good food there, it’s OK to eat in the theater.
- If you wear fur – beware. SFF brings activists too.
- Be nice to and thank the Sundance volunteers.
- Have fun standing in line. (That's not sarcasm, that's an invitation to meet people.)
- Most grocery stores are open 24/7. Shop early in morning or late at night.
- There are no grocery or convenience stores ON Main Street. The closest is a 7-Eleven on Park Avenue, eight blocks away from the bottom of Main Street, all down hill or on the bus route.
- Grocery & convenience stores only sell ‘light’ beer (3.2). No wine or liquor — those live in the liquor stores.
- Liquor stores are closed on Sunday.
- Liquor stores will ALSO be closed Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Last call at the bars is 1:00 am.
- On the first weekend it is usually better to walk from the Egyptian to the Library and the Library to Holiday Village/Yarrow – it’s all downhill.
- Don’t count on cars and vehicles giving you the right of way when you’re crossing the street.
- Don’t stop in the middle of the street, whether you are walking or driving.
- It is impossible to get ANYWHERE at 5pm, unless you on foot. Have a cocktail somewhere and wait it out.
- Use the shuttle system/buses or take a cab. Parking is crazy.
- If you need to be anywhere at a specific time and cannot miss it, don’t depend on a taxi because they will run out at times; book hourly service.
- Book transportation in advance — NOT 2 hours before your flight back home.
- Transportation companies get thousands of calls each day of the festival, try to book online (and not at 3am for a 5am pick up) or in advance.
- Park City is a ski resort town, and it’s January. It will be Polar Vortex-feeling cold here the whole time.
- The warmest day temp will be 39?, the lowest at night: 15?.
- Drink lots of water to avoid altitude sickness.
- City staff will remove posters, signs, etc. hung illegally.
- Physical lost & founds can be located at Park City Police – 435-615-5500; Park City Transit – 435-615-5350; Sundance Box Office and kpcw.org/lost-found.
- KPCW offers a virtual lost & found. Submit your lost or found item at kpcw.org and we will post it on our website and announce it on-air.
- Listen to KPCW on 91.9FM for local weather, traffic, local news and Sundance interviews.
Information you can use everyday.